Aside from enjoying the sunshine, we’ve spent the last couple of days talking about Michel van der Aa’s new opera Sunken Garden, which recently premiered at the Barbican; the inspirational Colin Davis, who sadly died this week; and a stunning performance of La Mer by the London Symphony Orchestra, also at the Barbican.
We’ve also put together a playlist of what we’ve been listening to recently, and what we’ll be listening to as spring blooms. We’ve even put it together on Spotify for you. Hope you enjoy it!
Fourfortytwo’s Spring Playlist:
1. Copland, Appalachian Spring (NYPO/Bernstein)
2. The Knife, Shaking the Habitual
3. Mozart, Haffner Symphony No. 35 (SCO/Mackerras)
4. Byrd, Mass for Five Voices (Tallis Scholars/Phillips)
5. David Sawer, the greatest happiness principles (BBCSO/Brabbins)